David Seacombe and Fortune Nwaiwu discuss digital transformation, why it is important and practical implementation. In this 36 minute conversation David answers a number of questions from Fortune, as he gathers information for his university dissertation.
The questions are:
- What is digital transformation to you?
- Do you consider digital transformation to be important to your organisation? If yes, why?
- What elements of digital transformation do you consider to be the most important?
- Which functional areas or business processes, in your opinion, would yield most value to your business organisation from being digitally transformed?
- Where should businesses start from in their quest to achieve digital transformation?
- In your opinion, what do you think could be the main obstacles in achieving digital transformation for your organisation?
- In your experience on digital transformation projects, what were the things that went according to the plans, and what were those that didn't go according to plans?
- In your opinion, what are the most influential technologies for digital transformation to you?
- Why do you think so many organisations are struggling to succeed with their digital transformation initiatives?
- What are the things you consider in deciding if a digital transformation initiative can be classified as successful?
- How do you measure success of digital transformation initiatives?